source : pixabay
These days, interest in butter is also increasing as home baking hobbies are increasing at home.
Butter is also at the center of the recently popular low-carb diet.
Various types of butter that are hard to distinguish by name.
There are various types of butter rich in vitamins and carotene.
Butter is one of the solid dairy products that centrifuged and solidified the fat of milk. Most of the ingredients are milk fat, and they are high-calorie foods of 800 Kcal per 100 grams, and are also rich in vitamins and carotene.
However, just because you have the name Butter, you don’t all have the same butter. It is divided into various types according to the content of milk fat and additives, and among them, some that are not real butter are hidden.
Butter, which is hard to distinguish by name alone, how should I choose it?
Types of butter divided according to the milk fat content, natural butter and processing butter.
The most important criterion for butter is the milk fat content. Products with more than 80% milk content using 100% milk are called natural butter.
Products made with vegetable oil or margarine instead of milk are classified as processed butter due to the preservation period or price. In Korea, if the milk fat is more than 80%, it is divided into butter, and if it is more than 50%, it is divided into processed butter.
Processed butter is easier to store and cheaper than natural butter, but it contains trans fats (trans fats), so if consumed in large quantities, it increases LDL cholesterol levels and is not good for health.
Depending on the product, the milk fat content is 80%, but the remaining 20% is sometimes sold by natural butter with palm oil or artificial additives, so the ingredient table should be carefully checked.
Depending on the amount of salt added, butter without salt and butter without salt.
If salt is added during the butter manufacturing process, it becomes salt-free butter, and if not, it becomes salt-free butter. Gyeom butter has a salty taste, so it is less greasy and has a good flavor, but thanks to it, obese people are more likely to overeat, so it is better to reduce their intake.
It should also be noted that sputum butter can increase sodium intake when eaten with other foods. The content of salt in the salt butter varies depending on the manufacturer, so care should be taken.
If you have high blood pressure or heart disease, you’d better choose a salt-free butter.